Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

On Facebook everyone seems to be doing this "25 Random Things About Me" game. I got tagged and actually decided to take the time to come up with my responses, so I thought I'd post here too for those of you not on Facebook who might be interested, curious, or bored. :)

1. I have had 10 grandparents in my lifetime…2 of them are still going strong.
2. I currently have two pets named Roscoe: a miniature schnauzer and a llama. I like the dog a lot better than the llama.
3. Sometimes I wish I could just relive my 20s over and over again. I really enjoyed that decade.
4. Before 2006 I barely knew how to hammer a nail. Now I can fix just about anything that needs fixing, and if the market was better, might even consider flipping houses. (or not)
5. After college I told myself I would live anywhere except Dallas. Eight years later I live in Venus, a short 40 minute drive south of the city I said I would never return to. Sigh.
6. I really don’t like cold weather, but loved living in Ann Arbor. The friends made up for the snow, I guess.
7. I never imagined in a million years that I would live on a farm, but I love it and cannot imagine wanting to live anywhere else.
8. I LOVE everything about my job…the students, the colleagues, the research, the freedom.
9. I daydream often about being able to grow all of the food needed to feed my family.
10. Until my parents moved to The Heights neighborhood in Houston last summer, I thought I hated Houston. Now I am in love with it.
11. I finally feel like a real big sister (and not just a second mother) to Amanda, who is 12 years younger than me.
12. I had no clue what a crazy roller coaster the adoption process could be and I am currently hanging on for dear life, anxious for the ride to be over soon.
13. I’ve been searching for a church home off and on for the past six years and finally found what I was looking for last week.
14. I met my husband, Aaron, in my freshman year of college (Oct. 1996) and we’ve been together ever since. I love him more each day we spend together. Cheesy, but true.
15. It blows my mind when I think about how much I have changed since high school. Weird.
16. I buy 90% of my clothes secondhand. The other 10% I buy new in moments of weakness.
17. I have absolutely no rhythm whatsoever. I also think that rhythm is a difficult word to spell. Also license.
18. I am a huge football fan. When I was in 6th grade I wanted to become the first female pro football referee, and used to practice signals in my bedroom mirror.
19. I wish I had gone into the Peace Corps after I graduated from college.
20. I heated my house all winter with a wood stove just to see if I could do it.
21. I hate needles, snakes, and rye bread.
22. I currently drive a 1992 white Toyota Tercel, and I LOVE it. It is older than the first car I ever had, a 1994 Toyota Corolla. I bought it last year from an old lady for $3K. It had 30K miles on it.
23. I miss singing and wish they had “Lads and Lassies” for grownups.
24. I love crafts and sewing, and am constantly making something. But I have very little patience, so I hate projects that take a long time. Knitting, quilting, and needlepoint are therefore out.
25. I love staying up late and watching “B” horror movies on tv with Aaron. But afterwards, if he falls asleep first, I get totally freaked out thinking about zombies.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a reporter for the Dallas Morning News. I'm working on a piece about the explosion of "random things" list and I'm looking for people in NTexas who have done one.

    If you're willing to chat, give me a call or send me an e-mail:

    Jeffrey Weiss
    jweiss@dallasnews.com
    214-977-8738

    ReplyDelete
  2. you HAVE changed so much since high school. weird to think i have known you that long!

    ReplyDelete