Thursday, February 5, 2009

Seed Starting

This is Aaron.
I have an addiction to seed starting....it starts innocently enough, "I'm not sure how many I can eat. Better too many than not enough"which leads to"Of course some will die, I better plant a few more than I need." So now.....I have about 70 cabbage, 30 broccoli transplants up in the kitchen. Since I started the tomatoes last night and still need to get eggplant and peppers going - and since my wife's patience is wearing thin about 100 transplants being nutured in the kitchen - I've got to thin the herd. So.....let me know if you would like some cabbages (Early Jersey Wakefield variety). Other news....Tomatoes (Porter and Improved Porter) are just got started yesterday afternoon. Eggplants (Black beauties) maybe this weekend, and pepper seeds (TAM Jalepeno and Vietnamese Multicolor Hot) are on their way. Also, just ordered from a new source that is really awesome....Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds http://rareseeds.com/. It's a great site/resource with forums, etc. As you can see, I really do have a problem...
Cabbage Seedlings looking awesome:

Broccoli seedlings looking less awesome:

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...cabbage, broccoli...looks the same to me. Congrats on your seedlings!

    ReplyDelete