Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long time, no blog


It has been a crazy couple of weeks. My grandmother died last Wednesday, and will be sorely missed. We used to go out to lunch with her every Friday after we volunteered at the clinic. Friday afternoons will certainly feel a bit empty for a while.


On to happier news...we got three new registered babydoll sheep last week. Two ewes (Sigourni and Sheldon) and a ram (Richie). Don't ask about the names. My sisters M & W named them and I haven't learned their signifigance yet. They chose a different name for the ram but I overruled them in favor of "Richie" because I think it goes well with "Petey." (ha ha)


As for the garden, I transplanted the cabbage and broccoli seedlings too early and they got beaten down by a heavy ran the day after I planted them. They all died. So yesterday we bought new transplants of collards, cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. Aaron went way overboard on the onion sets, but of course, we planted all 50 of them. It seems that we will be eating a lot of onions a few months from now.


We are counting down the days until we can transplant the rest of the seedlings, because now they have taken over both guest bedrooms. It is getting a bit ridiculous. The farmer's market near UTA said they might buy some of them from us when it gets closer to time to plant, which will be great.


That's all for now, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment