Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm thankful for: Aaron

I met Aaron when I was 18 and a freshman at Baylor.  We met at a frat party.  I have a picture taken by "Flash" photography from the night we met.  We both look like we're about 3 sheets to the wind.  Probably not the ideal way to begin your relationship with your soul mate.  But it worked for us.  We started dating 3 weeks later and never stopped.  Now we've been married 11 years and it feels like forever (in a good way).  The most amazing thing to me about our relationship is that we've somehow managed to change together.  I think that's been the key for us.  I know I am a totally different person now than I was at 18.  I'm passionate about different things, I have different values...and the same can be said for him.  But somehow, in all of the changing that we've done as individuals, we've managed to change in the same direction. I'm not sure how that worked, exactly, but I'm really glad it has.
Aaron is my best friend and confidante.  He is smart and funny.  He is strong, emotionally and physically.  He is passionate about helping refugees and other people who are vulnerable and need help.  He is easy-going, flexible, and patient.  He has a super-human tolerance for pain (random, I know, but since I have the completely opposite gift, I thought it deserved mentioning).  He is a great dad and husband.  He answers to several names:  Aaron, Kai Pa (Pla Shee and refugees), and Daya (Kai--rhymes with "Maya").



No comments:

Post a Comment