Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Summer!

We're in full-blown summer mode as of this week, though I ended up getting stuck teaching a class this summer, which was not my plan.  I'm making the best of it, though, and working on being very productive and efficient while I'm in the office so that I can make the most of my time with the family when I'm not working.  My plan for the summer is to work Tues, Wed, and Thursday and stay home with the kids on Mondays and Fridays.  Well, not stay home.  More like go to museums, the zoo, the waterpark, and whatever else we can come up with to take advantage of some fun in the summertime!

Life on the farm is good...Miss Peppa Pig is growing up and learning to walk on a leash, which is as funny as it sounds.  Ruby still adores her and reads books to her in her room for hours by bribing her with mini marshmallows.  We got a baby pool for the ducks (who are now full-grown) to swim around in, but they haven't quite figured out the swimming part yet.  They mostly just stand on the edge and get their faces wet.  Sounds like we may be inheriting some Nigerian dwarf goats from a friend in the near future.  Goats are my favorite, and I can't seem to say no when they're offered up for free.  They have such great personalities--like dogs, but cuter!

No comments:

Post a Comment