Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break in Houston

We spent about half of Spring Break in Houston visiting the family and had a fantastic time at the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo.  I'd never been, and it was really amazing.  They say things are always bigger in Texas, and the Houston Live Stock Show was certainly a great example.  Here's a video of Pla Shee is some kind of bubble contraption that he was just thrilled about.  It made me realize that I'm getting old, as the idea of running around in a clear plastic bubble in 85 degree weather was completely unappealiing to me.



Here he is riding on a camel.


We also spent a day at the beach in Galveston, which was fun, but Kai has decided he is not so much a fan of the ocean or sand.  Not good for a Marshallese boy who was born in Hawaii!  Sorry for the lack of photos--forgot my camera in the frenzy of the road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment