Friday, February 4, 2011

We have water! Hallelujah!

Aaron is officially my hero...he spent six hours in the well house with a blowdryer and a space heater and finally got our well running again.  It was such a welcome relief that any of the wariness I was feeling about the prospect of yet another snow day was really overshadowed by the sheer joy of being able to take a real shower.  I never thought I would be excited to do laundry, and I'm still not sure I'd call it excitement, but I was very...relieved. 

So all is well with all of us.  The sheep are in heaven, the goats, donkeys and chickens not so much.  Their water containers were solid blocks of ice yesterday, so Aaron had to venture to the store to buy a new hose to get them access to water.  We're supposed to reach 40 degrees tomorrow, and I think we're all looking forward to putting this behind us and gearing up for the Super Bowl.  Here are some pics from today.


Kai screaming at the sheep.  One of his favorite hobbies.

Not so thrilled with the snow.


Molly Wobbles waiting for her turn.

Pla Shee's miniature snowperson.


"Sledding" on a plastic box lid.  Venus is incredibly flat, which is apparently not great for sledding.


No comments:

Post a Comment