Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kai in the bluebonnets

If you're not from Texas, you may not be aware that we Texans are in love with our state flower, the Bluebonnet.  Come April, it's not unusual to see entire familes pulled off to the side of the highway posing the kids in the field of bluebonnets to get that perfect photo.  Yesterday I literally saw a crazy mother posing her children on the median!  So, one of the great perks of living out in the country I've just recently realized.  All I had to do to get my pics of Kai posing in a field of bluebonnets was walk to the next field over from our house.  No pulling off to the side of the highway as cars whiz by, hoping for that perfect shot.  Just one more reason I love where we live!

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Still waiting for a photo where he isn't smiling...does one exist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe one day I'll actually get a pic of my kids in the bluebonnets! I've never done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe so sweet the keiki! Just how many flowers did he eat - lucky he's not still in Hawaii Nei - plumerias can make babies sick. Miss you folks, Kai is precious as ever. Blessings of Aloha, Auntie Carla

    ReplyDelete