Monday, November 17, 2008

Life on the Farm



I have to preface this by saying that I absolutely love living in the country. That said, there are a few drawbacks. One of these drawbacks became apparent this morning when I walked out the front door. There were vultures (aka buzzards) surrounding our house, just hanging out and looking creepy. Vultures are just nasty. They are huge and gross and eat dead things. And I really hate dead things. I checked around the house to make sure that we had no dead things on the farm, but all of our animals are happily still alive. So, I think they just like hanging out at our house. I thought about telling Aaron to shoot one of them with his shotgun, but then I realized that our house and trashcan would then become even more of a haven for vultures, so I guess we will just hope that they leave soon. Uggh.



1 comment:

  1. Do other people read this? Well, I'll watch my language just in case.
    We miss Diane and Aaron who left Hawaii taking their Aloha with them. Hum.
    Great website, I'll forward the link to my daughter, Kassie, who, with her boyfriend, Neil, are starting a farm in Kamuela, HI (Big Island). So far, chickens - eggs, goat - goat cheese; cats - entertainment and 2 horses - more entertainment. Blueberries are on the list to start.
    My only request is more pictures of A & D on the website!
    Auntie Carla, Kaneohe, Hawaii

    ReplyDelete